E – ENVIRONMENT
The nature of our industry has an impact on the environment. All Gardwell sites have full Permits from the Governing bodies to operate operations.
Gardwell is continually improving FACILITIES – EQUIPMENT – ENCAPSULATION – AWARENESS to try and reduce the environmental impact.
All substances are controlled and through equipment, work procedures , Gardwell operates and continually has plans in place to reduce the impact on the environment. Key points are listed:
- Solvent recycling
- Fugitive emissions
- High volume pumps to increase high solid and low solvent coating products
- New LED lighting where possible
- Better use of production space to reduce heating
- Waste recylcing
- Daily communication to operatives
- Encapsulation of production processes.
- Logistical planning
- Air system improvements to reduce KW power.
- More electronic data reducing hard data
- Changing from high carbon footprint air power to cleaner electric power.
- Improving production and planning to reduce equipment usage & waste in every respect.
16 KEY Implementations in 2014 in respects to the environment
- Installation of Low KW electric compressor to produce same CFM & BAR for blast operations – Saving 25KW per hour – saving 117,000.00 KWPA
- Installtion of 2 x new insulated roofs over 3 paint shops to reduce heat loss
- Installtion of Heated air ducts in to 2 paint shops from Electric compressor to reduce oil fired heaters during operations
- Instalation of new heater blowing warm air in to paint shops with reduce oil consumtion
- Installation of new LED lighting saving 13500KW per hour saving 50,000KWPA of electric
- Procurement of low KW electric spray pumps to reduce compressor KW consumption when demand is not required
- Recycling contract for recycled solvents and installation of procedures and equipment to reduce solvent use and waste
- Increase of paint shops to reduce force drying of coatings reducing fuel intakes and carbon footprint
- Better planning and reduced logistics with better packing allowing for a reduction of around 30000 miles PA in haulage
- Increase awareness to operators on their impact on the environment
- Procurement and fitting of new doors on paint shops retaining heat , reducing contamination inturn reducing our carbon footprint
- Primer stores insulated thus saving 3KW of heat per hour on 26208 KWPA
- Twin pumps fitted in major paint shops to reduce paint lines and coating and solvent waste
- Improving or awareness and change of client specifications to higher solid coatings or generic coatings which quantifiable reduces product waste, solvent, emiisions
- New computer system installed to save more electronically and reduce hard copy documentation
- All paint pumps in bunded trays to reduce spills and damage to installation fabric
Gardwell operates management systems to comply and is certified to the standard of: